Thursday, August 11, 2011

Renewed Passion

Over the past few weeks the Lord has renewed a passion within me to know Him and to make Him known. God has been stirring in my heart. He has resurrected a desire to treasure and hide His Word in my heart that I might not sin against Him.

A few days ago, I decided I would try to memorize Romans 8. I asked my wife to join me on this journey and she joyfully agreed. Today we are attempting verse 4. Reading this passage, I was reminded of the call not to walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Today I recognize that apart from Jesus, I can not accomplish anything. I desperately need to walk according to the Spirit. I need to yield to and be guided by the Holy Spirit who is in me and the Word He inspired. Today I have been given the opportunity to die to myself, my agenda, my plans and live in Christ and follow His agenda and His plans. Only by the enabling power of God's Spirit will this be possible.

I wonder if God has been stirring your heart as well. If He has, share what the Lord has been doing and how you are responding to His work in your life. How are you motivated to treasure Him and His Word more? What steps are you taking to Walk according to the Spirit? Would you be willing to join me in committing Romans 8 to memory?

Looking forward to what the Lord has done, is doing and is going to do!


1 comment:

Stephanie Strider said...

I've been praying about what to start memorizing...I'll join you on Romans 8. :) May God add blessing to the memorizing of His Word! :)